Specialty areas of OT

Today we were instructed to look up specialty areas of occupational therapy and I was surprised to see just how many there are. There were 9 listed on the AOTA website that included different board certifications required for different areas such as gerontology, mental health, pediatrics, low vision, and school systems, just to name a few. But I decided to further my research and I learned that are many more emerging areas within the field of occupational therapy. Some of them include childhood obesity, autism in adults, and oncology care. I think it's really interesting and awesome that there are so many more certifications and specialties out there. It just goes to show how much the field of occupational therapy is growing and how important our field really is to so many areas of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OT 532: Journal Article Review

Specialty Areas: NICU