Foundations Class

From day one, I knew that I would enjoy foundations. Even though it was a lot of information, I enjoyed learning the gist of the field of occupational therapy and what I can do to better my future as an OT. A few things that I enjoyed learning about include the OTPF, the different organizations that focus on OT, the OT process, and the performance patterns of OT. But I think my favorite thing to learn about was the KAWA Model. I'm kind of a nerdy person who likes metaphors and the whole concept is a metaphor, so naturally, I enjoyed learning about it. It was interesting to learn about how the river represents the "flow" of life, the water represents the shape we must take in society, the walls and floor represent the client's context, and the rocks represent the things that block our flow through life. I like things like this because it not only helps to put things into perspective for the OT, but it can also help to shape understanding for the patient. Overall, I enjoyed learning about different things in foundations and I believe that the information that I obtained will help shape me into a more successful occupational therapist.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OT 532: Journal Article Review

Specialty Areas: NICU