OT 532: Leadership Summit

Description/Interpretation/Outcome  
A week before I was supposed to facilitate my group on child care, I met with 2 of my peers to discuss what we would be doing in our groups. We talked about our ice breakers and our ideas for our activities. When we met, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do yet because I was going back and forth and couldn't make a decision. The most useful information I gained was from Annese. At first, I thought about doing something such as helping people change diapers, but when she told me that that was what she was thinking about doing, I felt that I needed to change my activity to maybe appeal to a different audience. This was probably best because I didn't want to do the same activity as her, and I felt that I might want to appeal to people who are thinking about having kids rather than people who have already had kids. In the end, I'm glad that I changed my activity because it worked out better for my group. I'm glad that I got to discuss with my peers and talk through their ideas and have them evaluate mine. Having this experience made me realize that it is not only necessary, but essential to meet with peers beforehand in order to compare ideas and get feedback for what you could do differently. In the future, I will be sure to run my ideas by someone I'm close to or someone I respect and someone who could have valuable information to give me to help me grow as a facilitator.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OT 532: Journal Article Review

Specialty Areas: NICU