Foundations Take Away

Overall, I enjoyed the Foundations class because I felt like I learned a lot of concepts that will help me be a better occupational therapist. I learned more about what kind of person it takes to be a successful OT and what I can do to better myself. When I tell people that I am going to be an OT, they always tell me that I have a good personality and mind set to be a good OT. Of course, it is nice for others to tell you that you will do great in the career of your choice, but it's an even better feeling when you can believe it for yourself. Honestly, I haven't always believed in my capability to be a great OT because I'm not the best student academically. I do well on assignments, I pay attention and I like to engage in class, but sometimes my test grades don't always reflect my knowledge, in the best way. Now I know that sounds stupid; just because you don't get a perfect score on a test, doesn't mean you didn't learn anything. But in reality, I have learned a lot and I've learned that missing a question on a test doesn't mean I'm not a good student, it just gives me the opportunity to engage in another learning experience. Throughout this class and OT school in general, I've learned that it is not about doing perfectly on a test or coming out with a 100, it's about being able to leave the class knowing more than you did in the beginning. I might not have done perfectly on everything, but I know that I've learned a lot and that's what's going to make me a good OT, not a test grade.

Comments

  1. Great reflection, Grace! I'm glad you enjoyed the course and look forward to continuing to watch you grow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OT 532: Journal Article Review

Specialty Areas: NICU