Activity Analysis

Today, we did our activity analysis lab and I highly enjoyed it. I was in a group where I learned how to paint toenails (which I already knew how to do, obviously), make a tissue paper flower, theraputty, and a sensory balloon. It was interesting to see how each person taught the group and how they interacted with everyone. My activity was how to sew on a button. Honestly, I thought it might be difficult for some people because sewing isn't typically something that comes naturally. But I was proven wrong. Everyone in my group was able to follow my brochure and sew on the button perfectly. I was even told that I was a good teacher, which was nice to hear. I was nervous to teach my activity because I wanted everyone to enjoy it and be successful. In my opinion, sewing is an important skill to have because it can definitely come in handy in life, whether it's for personal reasons or for occupational therapy practice. Sewing can be used as a relaxation technique or for the purposes of having a new hobby. It's a practical skill that I think any male or female client would benefit from, no matter the age.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OT 532: Journal Article Review

Specialty Areas: NICU